Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Equifax Credit Breach


So I'd planned on making a light-hearted post today about autumn and pumpkin spice, but with the news of Equifax dropping the ball on everyone's credit security, I thought I'd use today's post to be of help to you guys.

First, I'll just say simply Equifax is being seriously shady about everything that happened. You can read more on this cnet article. It also includes what you need to do to secure your credit asap.

However some people are having trouble just getting to the article, so I've laid out the basic points.

1. Check your credit report. Personally I'm having trouble getting through on this myself. The system is being slammed, because such a huge number of people were effected and several who have been haven't been told they were!

2. Freeze your credit. This can be done over the phone and it is usually automated, so no people.

3. Set up a fraud alert.

Now, I'm no expert and am going with what I've read on this article, but it's all good information and something you will likely want to do yourself. Good luck! I hope you won't be seriously effected by this security breach.

Now, back to me trying to get my credit report. yay!

Love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment