Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Fighting Seasonal Affective Disorder


I realize it has been a while. I'm sorry for that.
I think it's time to admit that I do have a problem with Seasonal Affective Disorder and I need to address it.

If you're not familiar, Seasonal Affective Disorder (or SAD) is a type of depression which is directly related to the changes in season and the levels of sunlight a person receives. Symptoms are different for each person ranging from losing interest in activities, having low energy, sleeping problems, difficulty concentrating, feelings of hopelessness or guilt.

I've always had a winter-blues kinda way about myself, but as I've grown older, this issue hits harder. Can you believe the only reason  I haven't blogged is because I didn't want to turn on the computer? I mean how low energy can you get? 

But it gets pretty bad and has consistently gotten worse. I plan to really get to the root of this problem and figure out a way to fight through from November to April.

Do you have problems with SAD? What do you do to fight it? 
 
Medical information for this post are pulled from the Mayo Clinic's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment