Friday, August 18, 2017

What is wrong with me?


Recently we had family visit and our house was an overwhelming mess.  I had to spend two weeks concentrating on the house.  Cleaning things, scrubbing things, vacuuming, and putting away the towering piles of clutter that had grown.

Now, I could make excuses, because I have them. I was tired. My back hurt. We were still having lessons. ETC.

But that's not 100% true. What I'd done was stop using my cleaning schedule. I know it works. It works like a charm. If I stick to the cleaning schedule, by a months time, cleaning the bathroom every week is no longer a daunting task. Picking up our living room takes only minutes.

I know this. 

So why is it that I always give up on the schedule? Why can't I stick with what I know?

Instead, I get "busy" and put other obligations first.

Now, I'm sure you're asking yourself what is the point of this post. And I guess it boils down to me  admitting I'm a failure at following my own advice. A hypocrite.

I will be working hard to make posts regularly, updating with how I'm flailing with my own chores. Sort of an attempt to shame myself into cleaning this house of mine, despite sore backs and obligations.

haha! I'm seeing parallels in my attempts to lose weight. Ok, one guilt trip at a time, Marcy. That's the next hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment