Monday, September 25, 2017

Intelligent Girls... like hayrides


This Saturday, a local nursery was holding a custom appreciation day, so off we went to check it out. Bear was so excited because they had a free-use bounce house. To this day, I've never been inside a bounce house. They make my claustrophobia act up, but my son LOVES them. He probably bounced around for a good 10 to 15 minutes before we could convince him to take a break.

After that, we decided to take advantage of their free hayrides. Both children were excited, until the time to get in wagon. Bear jumped right in with his Papa, but Bun stopped. She said she didn't want to get in, so we quickly stepped aside to let other riders on. I told her we could wait while Bear and Papa rode. Then she looked at me and said, "Intelligent girls like hayrides." When I asked if that meant she wanted to ride after all, she nodded.

I'm not sure where this "Intelligent girls" phrasing came from, but she uses it often. Apparently, intelligent girls like to be helpful, coloring, singing, and I'm sure many other things, which currently escape me.

The hayride was quite nice and we got to see a lot of the valley. No actual pictures, since I was holding Bun on my lap. She didn't like sitting on the straw. While riding I realized it was the very first time my children have had a hayride.

So, I'd say my weekend was a win.

(Although I really wish I'd gone to a big Harry Potter event in Staunton, Virginia this weekend. However there were a lot of people there and satellite parking and my children don't know anything about Harry Potter yet. So maybe next year...)

No comments:

Post a Comment