Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The First Day of School


Our family has finally started the homeschool year. I say finally because our local public school started weeks ago and I feel like we are behind.

I'm happy to report that despite a few initial grumbles on Bear's* part, after I showed them their refresh pencil boxes with new supplies they got on board. I'm hoping this means I've passed on the stationary loving gene. Yeah, get me in a stationary shop and I'm in heaven.

We are starting things slowly this week to knock the dust and rust off our vacation brains. I like to have the kids make an "about me" book at the start of the school year, as a little keepsake for them to look back on as adults. Or if they don't ever look at them, at least I can look back at them and cry over my babies growing up.

Have your children started school yet? How are they liking things so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment