Wednesday, May 17, 2017

It's Strawberry Pickin' Time!


Time to make you feel jealous you don't live in the country with one word, Strawberries!


Last year, my friend, Andrea, invited us to go strawberry picking at a local farm and oh my gosh! I'd never been a big fan of strawberries until then, having only eating the ones from the grocery. Store bought strawberries are ok. They don't have much flavor, but a fresh picked strawberry? Oh man, so good.

Last year we made strawberry jam with some of our harvest. This year, The Dude is going to try making strawberry wine with some.





I intended to only harvest a pound or so, but it's so hard not to pick as many as you see. It's like a treasure hunt!


I may end up making some more jam after all, because that stuff is good. Do any of you can?

No comments:

Post a Comment