Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Children's Garden


Gosh it feels so slimy to immediately start a new blog post after the previous one, but sadly life goes on. Do you ever feel people look down on you for grieving the death of a pet? I don't know maybe it's me.

Anyway, enough of all that. The children have finally been able to put in their flower bed. It's an all of us kinda of garden and I fear it will give any of you true gardeners a heart attack looking at the set up, but let me preface this by saying a 4 and 2 year old are not the best assistants when it comes to gardening. They want to help sooooooo bad and yet they don't have the patience to listen to instructions. I'm amazed this garden looks as good as it does.

Although what you may not see are the numerous and assorted flower seeds they tossed/dumped in the flower bed. Goodness knows what will sprout in this thing. haha! Oh well, the kids had fun.


This portion of the garden is mostly my plants with a bit of input from the children. Many of these plants were picked for anti-mosquito properties or tea usage. You see that caged one on the right? That's catnip. I tried growing it last year in this bed and all the neighborhood cats rolled it flat. This year I've learned! Mwahaha! Cage that catnip!


I allowed both Bear and Bun to select 2 annuals and these are what they chose. I have no clue what they are. Aren't I fabulous blogger? That's not entirely true. Bear did pick some purple-y petunias and Bun picked some pretty pink snap dragons, but I have no idea what the other two are as well as half of the herbs. If you're really curious, comment and I'll go out and update with all the plant names.

Today has been a bad back day to top off a bad back week. Ugh! So I'm going to sit on the couch and watch The Empire Strikes Back with the kiddos. We've been watching one Star Wars movie each day in May, so they will be familiar with the characters for May the Fourth. Our library is fantastic and has a May the Fourth Be With You party. 


No comments:

Post a Comment